Friday, October 14, 2016

A nation divided

“This is what the LORD says: “Look! The enemy swoops down like an eagle, spreading his wings over Moab. Its cities will fall, and its strongholds will be seized. Even the mightiest warriors will be in anguish like a woman in labor. Moab will no longer be a nation, for it has boasted against the LORD.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭48:40-42‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/jer.48.40-42.nlt

I fear for our nation. Isn't it said "A nation divided can not stand!" Yes, I believe it was Abraham Lincoln, as he talked about the civil war, that rightly stated we can not survive apart. We are more divided now than ever before. I , maybe naively, thought Trump could unite us. I thought that his allegiance to no single ideology could bridge the divide. He isn't a strong republican and neither is he a democrat. He has taken stands that have been supportive of both parties. Somehow his personality has lit a firestorm and we are embroiled in minutia. His threat to the status quo was too much. An all out war has been declared by both sides to tear down the other. The American public are collateral damage. We accepted a president who had an affair and illicit sex  while in the whitehouse, now it is the death nail for a candidate to have the same failures.  We have had gangster rappers invited to share their craft and are completely appalled by private talk no different than those "hallowed" lyrics. I am disgusted by both sides. Our morality is gone. I agree we need a Godly man or woman in the leadership role in our country. We don't need a sexual maniac running our county. We also don't need a pathological Liar with complete hate for the opposition appointing Supreme Court justices. Unfortunately no Godly man or woman  is on the ballot. They are not only both vehement sinners, they also both think they are not. They neither one could care about God. How can I say that? Just look at their actions. God fearing people don't do what they are doing.   God help us!

 I have complete disdain for the beliefs of 50% of our citizenry and that same 50% believes I'm deplorable, dumb, and irredeemable. 50% believe it's a sin for me to say all lives matter. 50% believe the unborn child is equal to an appendix. 50% believe God has no place in our daily lives. 50% hate that I define marriage between a man and woman. 50% hate me - a white, Christian, male and think I have been given undeserved success for my hard work, 50% believe the government knows best. Yes we are split, we are divided. Just like in THE CIVIL WAR, families are torn apart. Even some of my own "kin" say as much. Yes, we are in a civil war. Really, it's not very civil but it does look a lot like war. Shots have already been fired, casualties are pouring in. The battle lines have been drawn. Trenches are being dug. The fight will change us forever. The fight wouldn't even be necessary if we had not rejected the Lord. Now we face war because we have ignored God for so many years. We have turned from him and tried it alone. Doomed. Doomed. Doomed. We are all doomed. UNLESS..........

Sadness would overwhelm me except for one warm thought. This is not my country. I am just a tourist. My home is with Jesus and regardless how bad this civil war gets, I know where I will spend eternity and it's not in the USA. My joy can not be stolen. I can only hope and pray, Jesus returns soon. Come Lord Jesus. Until then our nation is divided and will fall. We are headed into the abyss.


No comments: