Thursday, October 18, 2012

Who's better?

If you're like me you are tired of political commercials. I cringe when I hear them! All these candidates are trying to convince me they are better than their opponent. I have complete faith in the American voter. We know NOTHING IS AS GOOD AS IT APPEARS! Both candidates in every race are hopelessly flawed. There is no perfect ideology that will solve our problems. No one is naive enough to believe the rhetoric. When this election is over, our massive federal, state, and local government will continue to move just like it does today. In order to change the course of such a massive object, we will have to face an emergency crisis. We're not there yet!

How much does that sound like our Christian faith. Most of us are happy to roll along, business as usual. We get comfortable and our massive amounts of wealth and luxury are huge barriers to our growth. So many times it takes a crisis to make us aware of our Heavenly Father. We won't change without turmoil. Why do we wonder when crisis hits? Don't we know God hates for us to be in pain, but he hates it worse when we are separated from him?

I hope our country makes some big changes before crisis hits. I hope YOU also turn to Christ before tragedy strikes. Gods ways are not our ways. Regardless who you vote for, there is only one right way. No one matches his power , strength, grace, and justice. Turn to him, not to country, party, or sinful man. Turn to him!


"I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work." God's Decree. "For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, Doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed. They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them. (Isaiah 55:8 MSG)

No comments: