Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm set for life!

I got quite a bit done today. I ate breakfast with My wife and grandsughter, attended church, watched football, cut and edged the lawn, put down my fall fertilizer, made final exams for Algebra and Geometry, made 3 math videos for my algebra students, and blogged. I think thats a pretty full day for a "Day of rest"! I can't complain. I have been given a full life by the "One and only God of the Universe" and I love it. For my 52 years of life I can look back and clearly see he has given me all I need and much more. I have never been without. How can that be? I know so many people who have been without jobs, homes, family, and stability in their lives. I have never known that. Am I special? Certainly not, I am a chief sinner, like everyone else, or worse. But, God has chosen to bless me, because of his grace alone. I am, literally, set for life. Eternal Life. I praise God for everything, at all times, and in all situations. He is my rock, my fortress, my refuge, and strength. Thank you Lord! You didn't have to save me, but you did. WOW!


God, the one and only— I'll wait as long as he says. Everything I need comes from him, so why not? He's solid rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, An impregnable castle: I'm set for life. (Psalm 62:1 MSG)

No comments: