Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Don't be Ordinary!

I had forgotten how much I loved teaching. I love my students and am excited to see them every day. Right now they are struggling with some skill work. But, as I checked their progress tonight I was pleased. They are a hard working and persistent group.

Every day I think about what I can do to be an extraordinary teacher. I don't want my students to be ordinary and I don't want my teaching to be ordinary.  I am trying to teach them to not accept failure as the end. I'm not going to give up on them and I don't want them to give up on themselves. Life is full of struggles, Algebra will be the least of the problems to come. Just like I will be there for them to help with Algebra, God will be there to help us through life's troubles. If they persist, give complete effort and determination, they will overcome Algebra. If we persist, give everything to God, we also will overcome.

Don't be ordinary. Don't be overcome with the failures of this world. Rise above.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2 NIV84)

No comments: