Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Winter in a FIFTH WHEEL?


The Plan (Part II)



The summer of 2018 gave Stephanie and I a real taste of what retirement was going to be like and the plans God had for us. We traveled to the New York, the No Borders Rally in Minnesota, and were finally able to revisit the CMA Colors Rally in the fall. All the time we were getting used to our new home on wheels. It was a great summer and fall. As the 2018-2019 school year progressed, everything came together. So much so, that God found us a place to stay over the winter instead of our fifth wheel. That was also a miracle of the hand of God.

Living in a Fifth Wheel in Northern Indiana during the winter would not be easy. Yet, I had made preparations. I had done a lot of research and had plans to purchase skirting, small heaters and insulated curtains to help retain the heat. I was still really uneasy. I told Stephanie about my apprehension and she said, maybe we should talk to her parents about staying in their home over the winter. They always left at the end of November for Florida and didn't return until the end of March. We prayed about it and decided to bring up the subject. We had to drop off some things to put in their barn for storage and we were met there by Stephanie's Dad. Before I could even get out of the truck, HE MENTIONED that he and Steph's mom had been thinking that maybe we should stay in their home that winter. HOW AMAZING IS THAT?  We hadn't talked, we had never even brought up the subject. God intervened and we were so blessed. Thanks to Ray and Judy, we spent the absolutely harsh winter of 2018-2019 in a warm home and we saved about $3500 in upgrades we never had to make. GOD is amazing!

I don't want to sound like some pompous, arrogant, Christian. But, once we REALLY started praying, studying his word, and making a 100% commitment to a life dedicated to him, miracles began occurring everywhere. I had been a Christian my entire life. Stephanie and I were faithful to attend church, we had led youth groups, and we committed our family to the Lord. Yet, I was just a lukewarm Christian. We worshipped the Lord from a safe distance and then everything changed. NOW we are REALLY, ALL IN. We are both growing in so many ways in our relationship with our Lord. 

We officially retired in May of 2019. The year since then has been NO LESS SPECTACULAR. I can't wait to share it with you. GOD HAS BEEN SO GOOD!!!!!!





No comments: