Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Forgotten Books of the Bible - Hosea 11 - Family

 




' When Israel was a child, I loved him, and
out of Egypt I called my son. The more they
were called, the more they went away; they
kept sacrificing to the Baals and burning
offerings to idols. Yet it was I who taught
Ephraim to walk; I took them up by their
arms, but they did not know that I healed
them. I led them with cords of kindness,
with the bands of love, and I became to them
as one who eases the yoke on their
jaws, and I bent down to them and fed them.
Hosea 11:1-4 https://my.bible.com/bible/59/HOS.11.1-4

 The passage today made me think of family. As you can see from the pictures above, my family is huge and the pictures are missing my youngest daughter, three of my grandkids, a future grandkid and great-grandchild expected to arrive in February!

I think the older I get the more I reminisce about the past. I love my family, and just like our Father in Heaven, I want the best for them. It pains me when I see them suffer and I rejoice when they rejoice. 

My ultimate desire for them is to grow in their knowledge of God, their Heavenly Father, his Son Jesus Christ, and to be filled with the Holy Spirit as they navigate life. I cannot count the number of days my primary prayer is about their relationship with the Lord.

I have such limited things I can do to impact my kids' life now that they are adults. My prayers will have to do. I trust the Lord so I know prayers are enough. 


Dear Heavenly Father, 

I love my family so much. You know my greatest desire is for them to know you, love you, and trust you. I know the answers to their problems and the daily trials they face rest with you. Please Lord, reveal yourself to them, open their eyes and soften their hearts so that they will draw closer to you each day. 

Amen!

No comments: