Friday, May 29, 2020

Love?


FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD........




'“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one
and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will
not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into
the world not to judge the world, but to save the world
through him.' John 3:16-17 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/JHN.3.16-17

I have been doing a long walk every day, or most days. I have been using this time to do
an online devotion from various christian speakers. Yesterday, I was listening to Francis
Chan and a presentation on his book "Crazy Love". I think I need to get this book. One of
the things that struck me and has been burning inside me has been my relationship with
the Lord. Don't get me wrong. My time studying the word, my prayer time, my dedication
to sharing the gospel has never been stronger. But, is that really ALL that God has called
me to? I have been so fixated on Matthew 28:19-20

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the
Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the
commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the
end of the age.”' (Matthew 28:19-20 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/MAT.28.19-20)

God definitely wants me to spend my life sharing the gospel. But, he wants me to LOVE HIM, FIRST and foremost. 

'“Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”
Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul,
and all your mind.This is the first and greatest commandment. ' Matthew 22:36-38https://my.bible.com/bible/116/MAT.22.36-38


So, I am commissioned to GO and I am COMMANDED to LOVE. Do I Love the Lord with a CRAZY LOVE.  Is it beyond the Love I have for my motorcycle, my retired life, my family, my wife?  Shouldn't my love be radical for God?

The questions posed yesterday in the Crazy Love devotion was. How are you showing your Love to God. When I pray to the Lord, can he tell I love him? Can other people tell I Love
the Lord. Maybe, just maybe, the way I GO out to share the gospel is letting others know in powerful, bold ways, that God Loves me and I Love him. That Love should permeate all that I am. 

My Father in Heaven wants me to bring others to him, but more importantly, he wants ME.  It's that simple. He, the Creator of all things, wants ME!!!!!!!!!


No comments: