Sunday, November 25, 2012

Too busy!

Wow! That has to be one of the busiest Thanksgiving weekends I've ever had. Two basketball games, two Thankgiving dinners, a birthday party, church, practice, time with the family and Christmas decorations. I'm whipped and I'm thankful all in one. Yes, the Holidays are now in full swing.

I need to remind myself to take time with God during this time of year. You would think with the focus on the birth of Christ, it would be natural to take time with him. I think I'm living proof that's not true. If you don't spend time with God the other 11 months, this time will be more of the same. I have to admit my priorities have not been on God lately. I am so consumed with school, basketball, CMA, and stuff around home, my devotional and prayer time is suffering. I'm just too busy. Can you imagine that? I'm to busy for the creator of the universe. I'm too busy for The Lord of my life and the giver of all that I have. It's a little strange!

I need to change that tonight. I need to recommit myself to him. Please Lord forgive me for my failings and my excuses for not spending time with you. Please help me to slow down and enjoy your daily presence in my life. Help me to focus on serving others for you. Help me to take time with my students and fellow workers that I might be a light to them. I beg your forgiveness for not being the man of God you called me to be. I love you and praise you for your blessings and mercy. Thank you Lord for my wonderful life, the gift of Stephanie and the adventurous life you have given me. Be with me as I travel through this holiday season that I might be totally focused on you. Convict me Lord that I will not waste a moment away from your presence. Thank you Lord. amen.

No comments: