Saturday, July 31, 2010

With God we can achieve more.

2 Corinthians 6:11-13 (The Message)


"Dear, dear Corinthians, I can't tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn't fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way. I'm speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!"

Monday officially start the athletic season for my high school teams.  Everyone gets a fresh start and there is always a great optimism and excitement. All the plans have been made and finally we get to start implementing that plan. Will we reach our full potential?

Every August after a month or more of rest and vacation, I share the same enthusiasm as the kids.  I have renewed my spirit and am ready for a great school year.  What would happen if I approached every day the same way?  After getting a good night sleep, (I have to confess this does not always happen), I should feel renewed and ready to achieve the potential God expects of me. Sadly, I do not always reach that potential. Who's to blame?  Certainly not God. It usually is my own doing.  I don't get the rest I should,  I don't renew my body, I don't renew my mind, and my attitude suffers. I usually live smaller than I am. In order to "Live Openly and Expansively", I need to take care of myself physically, mentally, and more importantly spiritually. God wants so much more for me and my sinfullness makes me so much less.

Lord, help me to reach the riches and the blessings you have in store for me each day.  May your spirit prompt me to prepare myself by reading your word, sharing time with you and taking care of myself. Please renew my spirit each night so I can be a servant for you in everything I do. Thank you Lord for the limitless possibilities if I remain in you and follow your plan.  Amen!

No comments: